A marriage is more than just two people living together. It is a relationship that two people agree to create and must to maintain. In reality, all marriages encounter conflicts and problems and the outcome depends on how the couples handle the problems. This simply means that there is no perfect marriage. Unfortunately, marital problems and conflicts that lead to broken marriage or divorce are on the rise today. One of the major reasons for this is probably because one or both parties do not want to admit that they lack the knowledge in handling the situation or they are too stubborn or proud to admit that there is nothing like a perfect marriage. Nonetheless, a happy marriage is possible but a lasting harmonious relationship is the most important thing that most couples should embrace and work towards achieving. Before we look at ways on how to fix a broken marriage it is important to look at the causes of broken marriages.
Why do you have a broken marriage?
The following are some of the causes of broken marriages today:
- Infidelity. Apart from love, there are two major things that hold couples together; trust and loyalty. Betrayal to your partner once can be forgiven. However, with betrayal comes mistrust and once the trust is stained, you will have to work extra hard to rebuild it. You need to show your partner that you deserve a second chance. Basically, a good relationship is all about trust. But, how can you live with a person whom you do not trust because you caught them having an affair with another person not once but several times? Betrayal in marriage is a serious problem and this will always weaken the marriage until it breaks down.
- Lack of communication. One common fallacy that most people in a relationship have is the thought or idea that issues when not dealt or with or avoided will soon fade away. Unfortunately, they forget that these issues will not solve themselves out and they will keep on coming back to haunt the relationship. Therefore, communication is very important in marriage no matter the situation.
- Lack of time for each other. A relationship is like a plant that needs water every now and then. You need to shower it with love from time to time for it to bloom. You need to have time for each other as well have good communication between the two of you. You may be leading a very busy lifestyle but, this does not mean that you should forget about your partner. Find time to get closer to your partner and show how much you care and love your partner.
How to fix a broken marriage?
The following are some of the best tips on fixing a broken marriage:
1. Put your marriage first
Everything should revolve around your marriage. You might to be a busy person but finding time for each other is essential. You need to spend time together with your partner reconnecting and thinking about the two of you and how to make your marriage better. Do not worry so much or think about other things during this time. You can plan to do fun things together even if you have children for example cook together, go swimming, play together, watch a movie as a couple, cuddle in bed or anything that will keep you together.
2. Always listen to your partner
If you have not been listening to your partner it is a high time to start listening to him or her. Women love people who listen to them and men on the other hand like a listening and respectful partner. Seek opportunities to listen to what your partner has to say. This will encourage communication and mutual understanding.
3. Be honest when problems arise
Do not remain silent simply because you want to avoid conflict or to keep your partner from knowing when something is not right when you feel depressed. If you want help especially from your partner, it is essential to speak up and let your partner know what you are going through or what you do not like. If you cannot be honest about how you feel, you will end up in a permanent state of silent resentment and this is very dangerous in marriage. However, remember to factor your partnerâ€™s feelings when speaking out. Look for better ways to express yourself truthfully without hurting your partnerâ€™s ego or emotions.
4. Learn to make decisions together
The aim of making decisions together is a plan of action that will please you both. In case you have differences, it is essential to express your underlying concerns, listen to your partners concerns and then create a solution that is beneficial to you both. Making decisions together will encourage good communication between you two. On top of that, it demonstrates that you seek and respect your partners opinion in everything you plan or do.
5. Eliminate the 3 things that ruin marriages
The three things in this context refer to Affairs, Addictions and Anger. These should be avoided at all costs to ensure a healthy marriage. In case you indulge in these bad habits, it is advisable for you to seek help if you want to save your marriage.(If you want to save your marriage today, please click here) Affairs will lead to mistrust and a relationship without trust is as good as dead. Anger in marriage can lead to fights and constant misunderstandings. Therefore, if you have anger problems ensure that you get help as soon as possible. Being addicted to certain substances may not only be a problem to your partner but to your finances as well because you will do everything including selling your personal belongings to settle the addiction problem.
6. Do not give up
If you have tried to save your marriage but you are unsuccessful, do not give up hope. Hope is very important in this process of healing a broken marriage. This is because without hope, it is easy for you to become discouraged. It is essential to understand that healing a broken marriage is not easy and it requires time, endurance, hard work and sacrifice. When the road gets bumpy, it is hope that will remind you that your efforts will not be in vein. Be patient with your partner, encourage them and some day he or she will change and become what you want them to be. Get help from friends and professional marriage counselors who are willing to help you persevere in your marriage, build character and above all invest in hope. However, do not do everything you are told especially by your friends as not every advice you get is good advice. Some friends might be jealous of you and all they want is to break up your marriage.
I think marriages can be saved no matter how bad they may seem to be. Divorce or marriage breakups should be avoided all costs. They are expensive, cause pain and suffering in case of children, cause emotional trauma and above all it is regrettable. Therefore, instead of thinking about separating or ending a marriage, think of the best ways on how to fix a broken marriage and work towards getting solutions to your problems. Respect your partner, listen to him or her, find time for each other, be patient, encourage each other, be there for one another especially during times of need and above all avoid affairs, anger as well as addictions. There is nothing like irreconcilable differences. If you love each other and respect one another you can fix anything no matter what the problem is. Now if you want save your marriage today, here is the perfect tutorial I wrote with my friend.